WHO IS THIS SERVICE FOR?
Bisley Road is a step-down community service for supporting people (18 years – 65 years) with learning difficulties and mental health problems to maintain and enhance their life skills.
HOW ARE PEOPLE REFERRED IN?
Initially, all referrals can be made through: Community Teams, Hospitals, GPs, Care Co-ordinators, Community Organizations, and families can also refer. All referrals are accepted following assessment and suitability criteria (non-violent history “crucial” and mobile).
HOW LONG CAN PEOPLE STAY?
Bisley Road provides a community alternative to huge care establishments. It houses only 2 people and can support them for a period up to 5 years and is staffed 24 hours a day.
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE?
Bisley Road works to a social care model of recovery designed to address and provide safe, practical interventions that support and emphasize on building resilience, support networks and maintenance of good health and preparation to independent living. Staff have experience in caring for people with a range of needs, including non-verbal communication.In addition to one to one therapy sessions, Bisley Road offers daily activities and a twice weekly group work. Together with an experienced support worker each individual would draw up their own person centered individual support plans to identify key areas of need and includes support with:
- Maintaining good physical, mental and social health
- Supporting them with their benefits, housing, education and GP appointments
- Daily living skills: self care, managing money, cooking, domestic skills, organizing time
- Finding things to do in the day
- Learning new skills
- Finding/maintaining employment/voluntary work
- Accessing training courses
- Social skills for building and maintaining friendships/relationships
- Developing an action plan which includes a crisis prevention plan
WHERE ARE WE BASED
In The lovely residential area of Tuffley in Gloucester central to bus routes to the city Centre and main shops.